- This event has passed.
Basic Buddhism 1 (six-week course)
Thursday, June 16th @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Last date you can join this course!
Have you ever wondered what Buddhism is really about? Then why not come along to our Basic Buddhism Course and learn about the Buddha, his teachings, meditation and how Buddhism is relevant to Western society today.
This six-week course not only teaches you the basics of Buddhism and meditation but aims to give you sufficient lived experience of Buddhist life to know whether you would like to explore it further in Basic Buddhism 2 which starts a few weeks after this course concludes.
Join Kusaladana and the team at the centre or on Zoom.
If you have questions or would like to discuss the course please message email@example.com
Outline of Course
- Week One – Task – The landscape and the task: From human mind to Buddha mind
- Week Two – Scene – The GAP between mental events and our responses in body, speech and mind
- Week Three – Change – Changing our responses towards and beyond happiness
- Week Four – Precepts – Principles for improving our future conditions toward mental health and insight
- Week Five – Meditation – Working with physical conditions and mental states and events in meditation
- Week Six – Reality – From the received views of our species to the right views of a Buddha
How to Join
Please book your place using the form opposite. You will receive an email acknowledgment of your booking immediately. Course notes will be emailed to you a few days before the first session.
If you can, it is best to attend in-person at the Centre but you can attend on Zoom using the link that will be included in the notes.
[Note: Activate booking form by adding a quantity]
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this session suitable for me?
This course is a great place for an introduction. You will learn about the Buddha, his teaching, and how Buddhism, can help you live a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
How much does it cost?
This is a paid course, which is £60 (£40 concessions) and can be booked with the online booking form.
If you can’t manage even the concession price please don’t be put off. Email firstname.lastname@example.org as there are bursaries available.
What do I bring with me?
You will need a notepad and pen, refreshments are provided if you are at the Centre.