Buddhism for Beginners Level 2
Recurring event see all
November 5, 2020 @ 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
In the course for people who have already attended Buddhism for Beginners Level 1, we will look at aspects of the Three Jewels
- Gautama’s life from warrior prince to Enlightened Being.
- Exploring the Man, the Myth, and the Archetype.
- Opening up to The Buddha’s experience, quest and vision.
‘Thus have I heard………’ The Dharma from its oral tradition to the Sutras.
- The Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path.
- Suttas and practices :
- The Satipatthana Sutta and Mindfulness of Breathing.
- The Karaniya Metta Sutta and Metta Bhavana
- Mahayana Buddhism and Truth beyond words.
- Looking at the spiritual community around the Triratna Community and Order. Centres provide a context, giving us the opportunity of giving and receiving mutual support for our deepening practice.
- Introducing the Archetypal Buddha and the Bodhisattvas. Looking into the realms of purity that can be discovered in the depths of meditation with imagination.
- The Buddha from Beyond. Looking beyond what can be imagined. Here we will discuss and explore the place of ritual in Buddhism and in particular the place of Puja.